Charlottesville High School’s Martin Luther King, Jr. Performing Arts Center – Sunday, March 14, 2010 – 3:00 PM – 5:00 PM (ET)
Join children from our community and the Kid Pan Alley Band for a family concert as they perform songs written during Kid Pan Alley residencies this school year, as well as songs from the Charlottesville-Albemarle Kid Pan Alley CD, I Used to Know the Names of All the Stars.
“Kid Pan Alley is the quintessential program for helping kids to experience their creative power, their voice, and their own self-expression. This is the kind of experience that changes lives.”
-Kathy Mattea, Grammy award winner
Featuring students from Brownsville, Burnley-Moran, Jackson-Via, Johnson, Murray, and Venable with Kid Pan Alley founder Paul Reisler, Terri Allard, John D’earth, Andy Waldeck, Nate Brown, Steve Van Dam, Mark Maynard, Trees on Fire, Charlie Pastorfield, Bob Girard, Ian Gilliam, Carleigh Nesbit and Carl Anderson
- Event Brite http://kidpan.eventbrite.com
- THe PLACe for Comics, Games, Hobbies & Toys (243 Ridge McIntire Road, next to Staples)
- Charlottesville Music (Rt. 29N & Rio Road)
- Heinz Musitronics (Ivy Road)
- Trailside Coffee (Old Trail — Crozet)
- At the MLKPAC Box Office (day of concert only; opens at 2pm)
Proceeds from the concert will benefit Kid Pan Alley’s songwriting program in area schools.